Why Protein is good for you | 2020 list Jamie Sidall
- appears to want a piece of the protein pie.
- Body builders are snatching, grabbing, and gulping down protein shakes.
- Dieters are gobbling down protein bars in hopes of quick weight loss.
- The Power of Protein It’s easy to understand the excitement.
- Protein is an important component of every cell in the body.
- You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals.
- Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.
- Along with fat and carbohydrates, protein is a “macronutrient,” meaning that the body needs relatively large amounts of it.
- Vitamins and minerals, which are needed in only small quantities, are called “micronutrients.”
- But unlike fat and carbohydrates, the body does not store protein, and therefore has no reservoir to draw on when it needs a new supply.
- So you may assume the solution is to eat protein all day long.
- The truth is, we need less total protein that you might think.
Share this post